Kannur (Kerala): This was one 'love affair' that did not have a happy ending.
After professing love over a year over mobile phone, a 23-year-old engineering post-graduate had the shock of her life on seeing at their first meeting that her 'sweetheart' was a 67-year-old man.
The woman from Thiruvanathapuram had come the other day in search of the man she adored but broke down and fainted when she met him for the first time at the Kuthuparamaba police station, near here, police said.
Police said the woman had waited at the bus-stand for the man for long but he did not turn up. On seeing her roaming about, some local people informed police and she was brought to the station, police said.
On questioning her, police came to know about her quest and obtained the mobile phone number of the person she had been looking for eagerly.
They contacted the 'lover' and asked him to come to the police station immediately. When the " boyfriend" finally turned up, she was shocked to find a grey-haired man, police said.
The man, however, told police that he was speaking to her just for fun and had no other intention.
Police later contacted her parents and sent her back home.
- No proof of UFOs flying over India-China border: A...
- Sonakshi tries Kathakali during 'Dabangg 2' shoot
- Mumbai terror attacks: Ajmal Kasab hanged, Pakista...
- Indian Bond Girl Deepika launches RACE 2 trailer d...
- Phone romance goes sour as 'boyfriend' turns out 6...
- Champions Trophy 2013: India vs Pakistan match sol...
- ▼ Nov (6)