Colombo: Australia's veteran batsman Mike Hussey feels that Friday's Super Eights clash with India would be a mini-grand final in the World Twenty20.
Australia, who are yet to lift a World Twenty20 title, face a tall order in the Super Eights stage. First they take on India and then South Africa and Pakistan.
"The pressure and tension are only going to rise as we get closer to that India match because it's a huge game," Hussey was quoted as saying by the Australian media Wednesday.
Hussey feels a win can help Australia stake their claim for a place in the semi-final.
"If we can win that first one in the Super Eights, it does give you that confidence and that little buffer that you know you just need one out of the last two to get through. It's pretty much an early grand final really in the context of the tournament," he said.
- Clash against India a mini grand final: Michael Hu...
- Mahindra Quanto launched at Rs. 5.82 lakhs
- Australian great Matthew Hayden quits cricket
- Oil companies raised premium or branded petrol and...
- BCCI terminates Deccan Chargers' IPL contract
- Parineeti Chopra in Band Bajaa Baarat Remake
- Wayne Rooney wants to stay at Manchester United fo...
- Sourav Ganguly, not Rahul Dravid, will be a better...
- ▼ Sep (8)