New Delhi: Home grown auto major Mahindra and Mahindra today launched its multi-utility vehicle, the Quanto.
At under 4 metres, the Quanto is the smallest MUV in Mahindra’s stable.
Priced at Rs. 5.82 lakh, the vehicle is powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The top-end model will set you back by Rs. 7.36 lakh.
The Quanto has opened up a new segment in the Indian automobile market and has an opportunity to consolidate its presence before others jump in. However, it may see some competition from the passenger car segment due to its pricing. Maruti Suzuki’s Ertiga and Renault’s Duster, among others, are being seen as its competitors for now.
The smaller length of the Quanto means buyers will have to shell out only 12 per cent excise duty as compared the 27 per cent for larger vehicles.
The company plans to sell 1,500-2,000 Quantos a year.
Mahindra's passenger car sales have outpaced that of local rivals such as Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors thanks to huge demand for its new XUV 500 and its all-diesel line-up.
“With the Quanto, Mahindra is aiming to fill a need gap in the Indian automotive market for a versatile and compact SUV. We expect the Quanto to offer an exciting upgrade at a premium to customers who are otherwise looking for premium diesel hatchbacks or entry level diesel sedans,” Pawan Goenka, president, automotive & farm equipment sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra, had said last month.
- Clash against India a mini grand final: Michael Hu...
- Mahindra Quanto launched at Rs. 5.82 lakhs
- Australian great Matthew Hayden quits cricket
- Oil companies raised premium or branded petrol and...
- BCCI terminates Deccan Chargers' IPL contract
- Parineeti Chopra in Band Bajaa Baarat Remake
- Wayne Rooney wants to stay at Manchester United fo...
- Sourav Ganguly, not Rahul Dravid, will be a better...
- ▼ Sep (8)